Melt and Pour Bath Bombs

First time I tried this it worked perfect, BUT I wanted to see if I could get them to foam up even more.  So, I tried changing it a bit, but it dried out way too fast and crumbled.  After that it got too wet and foamed up.  Then, I thought, why not just go back to the original.  The end result is a bath bomb that kinda behaves like a bubble bar.

This recipe can be a bit tricky, like any bath bomb.  It can get too wet very easily.  Take careful note of the humidity in your area.  Adjust by adding a little less melt and pour soap by the decimal.

Lets start with our dry ingredients.
1 cup Baking Soda
1/2 cup Citric Acid
1/2 cup Epsom Salt (or a salt of your choice)
3/4 cup Arrowroot Powder (or corn starch)

If anything is chunky, be sure to sift it.
Incorporate the dry together... it gets dusty!  You may want to wear a mask.

Start your wet ingredients with the melt and poor and oil.
1.5 oz Melt and Pour Soap (of your choice) I use SLS free
1 Tsp Coconut Oil

Melt in the microwave in 10 second increments.
After everything is melted add any Fragrance Oil or Essential Oil of your choice.  I also added a few drops of vitamin E oil. If you want to add any colors, mix them into to the melted soap too.

Drizzle the soap, oils, and colors into the dry.

Use gloved hands to work everything together.
Rub some between your hands to keep the soap warm so it will integrate better.

You shouldn't need to add any extra fluid, but it needed spritz the concoction with some witch hazel or water.

Cookie cutters seem to work better with this recipe, if you can make it work with the ball shape then you are the bomb. :D

Poor any sprinkles or decorations into the cutter first.

Then, drop some dough into to mold, and add any embeds at this point.  (I will add my recipe for embeds another time.)

Top with more dough and smash firmly with the bottom of the measuring cup.

Carefully un-mold by using the bottom of the measuring cup to press out to shape.  Don't use star shaped ones- just don't.


Here is the end result in a full bath tub. Sorry, the bathroom was dark.
This is a great option if you like fizzy, foamy bath bombs but not SLS or other detergents.  I imagine almost any melt and pour soap could be used.  Goats milk would be just lovely!  Have fun and be creative!

Comments

  1. Hi these are great. How long do they last after they are made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also wondering the shelf life of these?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Started Making Soap

6 Things I've Learned After a Year of Soaping